VOLUNTEERING IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO MEET
NEW FRIENDS AND LEND A HELPING HAND
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Making a Difference
With Your Support
Board of Directors
• Must be 18 years of age
• Reside in the District of Algoma
• Cannot be an undischarged bankrupt
• Share in the mission of Algoma Family Services Foundation
• Comply with the Bylaws, Policies and Procedures of Algoma Family Services Foundation
Length of Term:
A Board Member’s Term is three consecutive years.
Board Member Responsibilities:
• Review the Foundation’s mission and purposes annually.
• Construct and approve strategic plans.
• Attend Board meetings and actively participate in at least one committee.
• Support the Foundation financially at an appropriate level.
• Demonstrate support for the Foundation by personally attending and participating in Foundation activities wherever possible.
• Ensure there are appropriate staffing levels to support fundraising plans.
• Fulfill commitments within agreed upon deadlines.
• Participate in board orientation to ensure an understanding of the charity.
• Ensure funds are used only to support the Foundation’s mission and purpose.
• Take initiative in informing the Foundation about opportunities for funding or program development.
• Provide leadership within the board and in the community on behalf of Algoma Family Services Foundation.
• Identify and recruit other committed and concerned individuals to serve as volunteers in support of Foundation goals, including new board members.
The Foundation forms and runs many committees throughout the year to help with organizing our fundraising events. Our two main committees are our Golf Committee and Savvy Seconds Committee. Committee members help to plan and run the event. They are essential for our Fundraising events!
If you are looking to donate your time, creativity and hard work while having fun and contributing meaningfully to society, then ask us today about joining one of our committees.
Volunteer for a Fundraising Event
We are always looking for volunteers to help with our fundraising events throughout the year. Whether it be selling tickets for our Great Escape Dream Draw or helping with our Golf Fore Kids Tournament. During the Great Escape Dream Draw, volunteers have the opportunity to receive commission for ticket sales!
That’s right, you can volunteer AND make a little extra cash. Call us today at (705) 945.5050 to see what volunteer opportunities are available for you.
View our newsletters: Summer 2016
Call us today at (705) 945.5050 to see what volunteer opportunities are available for you or fill out a form here.
For more information please call the Foundation Office at (705) 945.5050 or send an email to email@example.com
MAKE A DONATION TODAY!
How can you help? We have many options for those who would like to donate.